Monday, July 22, 2013

Let's talk about 3 things: PS4, more about Xbox One, and E3 2013

We've got a few things to talk about, folks. First off, PS4. In an earlier post I said I was looking more forward to PS4 than Xbox One. I've always liked both Xbox and Xbox 360 and all three PlayStations. However, the next Xbox isn't what I hoped for, so PS4 sounds great to me. I am disappointed online play is no longer free, that's the only part that sounds dumb to me. Other than that, seems legit. Next is a follow-up to my post focusing on Xbox One. It just seems crappier the more information we get on it. I just don't know what the heck we're gonna do about this. I also learned the camera can talk to you, remember your identity and ask an unrecognized person to identify themselves. It also has remote play where you can have a friend take over playing a video game you can't beat and beat it for you if they're far away, using Skype. That sounds pretty cool. So does the talking camera, but it's also kinda sketchy, just like how the Kinect won't turn off. So, honestly, I only really like one thing about it. That's bad news for Microsoft because a lot of people are on the same page. Thirdly is E3 2013. I heard that there were some disappointments to some of the things revealed at this year's E3. The Xbox One's price is ridiculous ($499, what the heck?); lame Mario and Donkey Kong games coming up; that Link to the Past sequel isn't happening, just a Wind Waker remake; and, of course, the unfortunate news of online play for PS4 not being free. Super Smash Bros. 4 seems to be the only thing revealed by the guys at E3 to look forward to. This generation might be tough to avoid and an impossible one to skip. Hopefully, a miracle in the video game industry may happen in either Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony or (in most hopes) all three.

No comments: