Sunday, July 14, 2013
Let's talk about a Dragon Ball Z live action movie
Lots of DBZ fans like me would really love to see a live action DBZ movie after over 20 years of seeing animated ones. However, the 2009 film Dragonball: Evolution obviously shouldn't count. It was a complete fiasco. Four years ago, my friend had told me about it after seeing it. Preferring Z over the original Dragon Ball, we thought it was pretty cool. It was only cool because it was the first attempt close to good. After that, I've developed Dragonballmovieimpossiblephobia, the fear of it being impossible to make a successful live-action adaption of Dragon Ball Z. When I saw that K&K Productions was making a fan-made trailer for a DBZ movie that wouldn't even be made, I was convinced they were actually making the movie. My ADHD got the best of me and I was sad to find out there was no movie and only the trailer. Honestly, I just don't know what Hollywood can do. Sometimes I feel like we think Hollywood can make movies of anything, but our technology surprisingly isn't quite ready for something like this. I'd turn to Steven Spielberg, J.J. Abrams or Michael Bay if I was looking for someone to direct something so awesome. Until, it's living with what we have of this epic piece of anime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment