
Ahhhhh...the '90s. I have absolutely no memory about it, but what I do know is that everything from the 90s was still popular during my childhood. 90s kids watched SpongeBob SquarePants and Kenan & Kel on Nickelodeon. I watched SpongeBob episodes premiere from the 2nd season and watched 90s Nick show reruns later. As a kid, I remembered watching last-generation Hanna-Barbera cartoons on Cartoon Network. I wasn't into kids' shows growing up. Now that the 90s are over, people have posted total "I see what you did there" posts on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc. that only 90s kids get. I get some jokes because some of the 90s stuff didn't end until I was like six. My cousins were barely 90s kids and my uncle is a total 90s kid and he showed me and my cousins what he grew up with. He had the N64, but people still played it when we were kids. We had the GameCube, and that lasted a little longer. The point is, 90s kids really love to stick to their childhood memories, and are not trying to act old (as my brother had told me). I have noticed that kids these days are a lot different then the kids I knew. These days, they walk around cussing, carrying iPhones and riding Penny boards. Kids of the last generation had clean mouths, didn't care what kind of phone they had and rode wooden skateboards. I'm not saying this is bad, but it's heartwarming to look back at what we had and what we lost (Fleetwood Mac reference :)).



No comments:
Post a Comment